Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 4 cups chicken breasts, 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons snipped cilantro or 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons ground red chili pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 (16 ounce) cans great northern beans
- 1 can white shoepeg corn, drained
- Sauté onion and garlic in butter over low heat, stirring until lightly browned.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Heat to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Serve topped with fresh chopped tomatoes, sour cream and tortilla chips.
- Makes 6 servings (1 1/2 cups each).