Kay Demonbren's Note:
This recipe is from Colette Peters in a wonderful book called Cakes To Dream On. It's one of the many recipes I tested when making my daughter's first birthday cake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325°.
- 2Coat 2 8-inch cake pans with cooking spray and line with parchment paper.
- 3Sift together the flours, baking powder and salt.
- 4Cream the butter and sugars together in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- 5Add vanilla and the egg whites, scraping down the sides of mixing bowl.
- 6Mix again until fluffy.
- 7Add the sifted flour mixture in three batches, alternating with three batches of milk, and ending the additions with flour.
- 8Mix each addition just until combined; do not overmix or the cake will be dry.
- 9Pour batter into prepared pans.
- 10Bake for 30- 35 minutes, or until cake tests done.
- 11Let the cakes cool completely in the pans on wire racks.
- 12Wrap and refrigerate (cake still in pan) until ready to decorate.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Heavenly White Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1925 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2998.8
- Calories from Fat 910
- Total Fat 101.1 g
- Saturated Fat 62.8 g
- Cholesterol 269.6 mg
- Sodium 1890.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 486.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 294.3 g
- Protein 41.9 g