Kay Demonbren's Note:
This recipe is from Colette Peters in a wonderful book called Cakes To Dream On. It's one of the many recipes I tested when making my daughter's first birthday cake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325°.
- 2Coat 2 8-inch cake pans with cooking spray and line with parchment paper.
- 3Sift together the flours, baking powder and salt.
- 4Cream the butter and sugars together in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- 5Add vanilla and the egg whites, scraping down the sides of mixing bowl.
- 6Mix again until fluffy.
- 7Add the sifted flour mixture in three batches, alternating with three batches of milk, and ending the additions with flour.
- 8Mix each addition just until combined; do not overmix or the cake will be dry.
- 9Pour batter into prepared pans.
- 10Bake for 30- 35 minutes, or until cake tests done.
- 11Let the cakes cool completely in the pans on wire racks.
- 12Wrap and refrigerate (cake still in pan) until ready to decorate.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Heavenly White Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1925 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2998.8
- Calories from Fat 910
- Total Fat 101.1 g
- Saturated Fat 62.8 g
- Cholesterol 269.6 mg
- Sodium 1890.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 486.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 294.3 g
- Protein 41.9 g