Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a meal that always turns out great. i always make more crumbs as they add a delicious texture to the dish. its great for informal get togethers or a formal dinner party. terrific cold the next day.
- Melt butter and add garlic, cook for several seconds.
- add 1/2 the lemon zest and all the breadcrumbs and cook, stirring constantly over medium heat till golden and crisp.
- remove from heat and add salt. transfer to a plate. wipe pan clean.
- combine cream, remaining lemon zest, and lemon juice in pan. bring to the boil and simmer for 3 minutes or until slightly thickened. remove from heat.
- cook pasta and drain.
- add cooked pasta to the sauce and warm through.
- add tomatoes, tuna, parmesan cheese, parsley and pepper to taste. heat through.
- serve sprinkled with the lemon crispy crumbs and extra parmesan.
Loved the fresh, light, lemony taste of this sauce, bringing new life to canned tuna. I tried substituting fat free half & half - big mistake. My sauce curdled immediately and I had to start over. Since I had no cream, I subbed fat-free evaporated milk and it worked beautifully. I prefer to ladle sauce over noodles to control the ratio of sauce to noodles. Used egg noodles I had on hand. I found that the sauce was perfect amount for half the amount of pasta called for, which was enough for dinner for 2, plus one serving of leftovers for lunch. For cold leftovers, I splashed on a bit of champagne vinegar, more salt and fresh ground pepper, and it made a nice salad for lunch.
I chose this tonight as I had all ingredients on hand....no trip to the supermarket today! This was fab both hot and cold, I particully liked the crumb mixture and had to stop myself eating it all before I served the family dinner :) I made an error and used a 425g can of tuna but otherwise made as directed.