Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Since my honey and I both work full time, I try to make filling dinners that I don't have to spend hours cooking. This is one of our middle of the week "throw togethers" that turned out to be a favorite. Since it makes quite a bit for two people, we always have enough for lunch the next day.
- Saute garlic and onion in olive oil until translucent.
- Add tomatoes and stir.
- Cook on medium heat for 10-15 minutes.
- (I usually let it cook for as long as my pasta so that when it comes time to use my pasta water, the water is still warm.) Add pasta water and basil and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add angel hair and toss.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- I serve this with garlic bread and cucumber/tomato salad (recipe also posted on recipezaar).
This recipe was easy to make. I grow a lot of basil on my porch and was looking for a nice recipe in which to use it. Along with loving fresh basil, my husband and I love chunky tomatoes and angel hair, and onions and garlic too. Two changes I made: 1.) I didn't use as much oil (I never do) and 2.) I didn't add as much water as was suggested in the recipe. We loved this recipe and will make it often.