Recipe by marshmallow dude
Got this recipe from all recipes.com. All the reviews say it's good, so I was tempted to try. And sure enough... This was the best tiramisu I've had. Authentic italian taste! Tip: don't serve right away; it will taste blah. Refrigerate it so the flavors will blend! (I prefer it to be stored overnight.)
- 6 egg yolks
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 lb mascarpone cheese
- 1⁄2 cup strong brewed coffee, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 6 ounces french-style ladyfinger cookies
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together egg yolks and sugar until well blended. Whisk in milk and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils. Boil gently for 1 minute, remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Cover tightly and chill in refrigerator 1 hour.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream with vanilla until stiff peaks form. Whisk mascarpone into yolk mixture until smooth.
- In a small bowl, combine coffee and rum. Split ladyfingers in half lengthwise and drizzle with coffee mixture.
- Arrange half of soaked ladyfingers in bottom of a 7x11 inch dish. (If you don't have that, use a 9 (or 10) inch round springform pan.) Spread half of mascarpone mixture over ladyfingers, then half of whipped cream over that. Repeat layers and sprinkle with cocoa. Cover and refrigerate 4 to 6 hours, until set.