Rich and thick. Almost a stew,it makes a great light winter meal. Uses 1 pot and 1 cutting board and a salad bowl, easy on the clean up I added a dollop of sour cream and a sprig of parsley for presentation. SIDES spinach salad whole grain rolls.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 roasted sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 cubed white potato
- 10 ounces chicken broth or 10 ounces vegetable broth, for vegetarian
- 1 1/2 teaspoons thyme
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1Roast the sweet potato in its jacket. I roasted mine until it was carmelized and the skin very loose.
- 2Saute onions and pressed garlic for about 3 minutes over medium high heat.
- 3add potato and saute for another 3 minutes.
- 4add broth (I used homemade stock so I added a chicken cube for extra umph), spices, and sweet potato
- 5simmer until potatoes are soft.
- 6meanwhile assemble the salad ingredients (do not add dressing until served.
- 7The whole grain rolls can be wrapped in tinfoil and warmed in the oven.
- 8Remove from burner, mash soup with potato masher
- 9add half and half.
- 10reheat but not to a boil.
- 11Serve soup in soup bowls with a dollop of sour cream or yoghurt in the middle and a sprig of parsley ( if you give the soup a quick swirl with a spoon it gives a nice decorative effect) Salad can be served out of a salad bowl or on side plates with warmed rolls.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Heavenly Sweet Potato, Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (503 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 330.4
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 22.3 mg
- Sodium 656.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 21.3 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 12.0 g