I found this recipe in the 1994 Preventions Cooking for Good Health Cookbook. I am following WW and this is a wonderful low fat/calorie substitute for Deviled Eggs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel the eggs and cut them in half lengthwise. Lift out the yolks. Set aside 2 yolk halves for use in the filling. Discard the remaining yolks or reserve them for another use.
- 2Shave a thin slice off the bottom of each white so it will stand upright. Arrange the whites, cut side up in a large plate.
- 3In a medium bowl, combine the potatoes, garlic and the 2 yolk halves. Mash with a potato masher or the back of a fork until well-blended. Stir in 2 tablespoons stock, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 1 teaspoon vinegar until well blended.
- 4Add the oil and the remaining 1 tablespoon stock, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 2 teaspoons vinegar. Beat with a spoon until smooth and fluffy. Fold in 1 tablespoon of the scallions and the pepper.
- 5Using a teaspoon or a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip, fill the egg whites with the potato mixture. Sprinkle the tops with the remaining scallions.
Browse Our Top Egg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Egg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Heavenly Stuffed Eggs-Ww Friendly
Serving Size: 1 (48 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 55.9
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 105.8 mg
- Sodium 42.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 3.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar