Recipe by cricket1176
I found this recipe in the 1994 Preventions Cooking for Good Health Cookbook. I am following WW and this is a wonderful low fat/calorie substitute for Deviled Eggs.
Top Review by threeovens
Sorry, but this was inedible for me. Maybe I am not into healthy eating. I will stick to eating smaller portions rather than trying to make something into what it is not. Made for PAC Spring 2010.
- 5 eggs, hard cooked
- 1 baking potato, cooked, peeled and cubed
- 1-2 garlic clove, minced
- 44.37 ml chicken stock, defatted
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 14.79 ml white wine vinegar
- 4.92 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 29.58 ml scallion tops, minced
- 1.23 ml ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the eggs and cut them in half lengthwise. Lift out the yolks. Set aside 2 yolk halves for use in the filling. Discard the remaining yolks or reserve them for another use.
- Shave a thin slice off the bottom of each white so it will stand upright. Arrange the whites, cut side up in a large plate.
- In a medium bowl, combine the potatoes, garlic and the 2 yolk halves. Mash with a potato masher or the back of a fork until well-blended. Stir in 2 tablespoons stock, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 1 teaspoon vinegar until well blended.
- Add the oil and the remaining 1 tablespoon stock, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 2 teaspoons vinegar. Beat with a spoon until smooth and fluffy. Fold in 1 tablespoon of the scallions and the pepper.
- Using a teaspoon or a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip, fill the egg whites with the potato mixture. Sprinkle the tops with the remaining scallions.