Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the perfect recipe for an awesome appetizer! I learned it from a close friend, and I have been making it for over 10 years. It is easy to make and is a favorite among everyone who has ever tried it. NO COOKING REQUIRED!! You can also use it as a dip or spread!
- 1 package large flour tortilla
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (16 ounce) package ranch dressing mix
- 1⁄2 cup dry bacon bits (i use Bacos)
- Defrost the 2 packages of spinach.
- Drain any excess water from defrosted spinach.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, powder ranch dressing, and bacon bits and stir thoroughly.
- After mixing ingredients, add the spinach and continue to stir until all of the spinach is completely mixed with the other ingredients.
- Lay out uncooked flour tortilla and spread mixture over flour tortilla (DO NOT put too much otherwise when rolling the tortilla the excess mixture will spill out!) Roll the tortilla tightly.
- Continue process until all tortillas are used.
- Set for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Take out the rolls and cut them into smaller segments.
- Ready to serve!
I thought these were good. My one-year old sure liked them! The comments I got were that it tasted like spinach dip in a roll-up. I did 1/2 the recipe and still had a large platter full. I think next time, I'd scale back on the mayo and use more of the sour cream to give it a little firmer texture. Good recipe!
DH hates spinach but loved these. So did everyone else. The combination of bacon, ranch dressing and spinach was wonderful. I found however, that as an appetizer, I got enough to feed 20.
Very good appetizer. Made it for the MOMS club I'm in and all the women snarfed them down in no time. Easy to make. When I make it again, I'm going to leave out the bacos or use real bacon. I love salt, but found it too salty w/the bacos. They overpowered the rest of the flavors.