Prep 7 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This is a recipe I found in the Southern Living recipe book. We have a smoker, but do not use it that often because I just don't have many good recipes. Haven't tried this but it sounds good.
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 5 -6 lbs beef brisket
- hickory wood chunks
- Combine 1st (5) ingredients.
- Spread on both sides of the brisket.
- Cover and chill 8 hours.
- Soak wood chunks in water for 1 hour.
- Place meat on smoker, pour remaining marinade over meat.
- Cook 5 hours.