For my mom's birthday this year I wanted to make something special for her. After searching tons of cookbooks for the "just right" combination of shrimp and grits I have developed this concoction with the help of the Tabasco cookbook and the Best of Bayou Cuisine. Happy Birthday Mom!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Parmesan Grits
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits
- 1 1/2 cups parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
For the Shrimp
- 1Parmesan Grits:.
- 2Bring milk and broth to a boil.
- 3(WATCH THIS VERY CAREFULLY BECAUSE THE MILK WILL OVERFLOW IF IT GETS TOO HOT).
- 4Add grits and cook according to package directions.
- 5Remove from heat and stir in the cheese and the Tabasco.
- 6(If you prefer firmer grits: Add to the above 1 cup milk, and 2 large beaten eggs; then bake for at 350 for 30 minutes).
- 8Heat large skillet until very hot, add olive oil.
- 9When oil is thoroughly heated, toss in shrimp to cover bottom of pan.
- 10Before stirring, season with salt and pepper (this will season shrimp in particular, but the rest of the dish as well).
- 11Stir until shrimp begin to turn pink all over (let pan return original hot temperature).
- 12Stir in minced garlic and mushrooms.
- 13Add lemon juice and wine, stir for 30 seconds or until everything is well coated.
- 14Toss in sliced scallions and stir for about 20 seconds.
- 15Serve over grits!
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Heavenly Shrimp & Parmesan Grits
Serving Size: 1 (352 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 645.4
- Calories from Fat 257
- Total Fat 28.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 222.8 mg
- Sodium 1197.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 49.0 g