Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is just what our family thinks of when we eat this recipe. This is a recipe that my mother, Ruth made when I was a child and has been one of my own children's favorites as well. This recipe gives me special memories of all the wonderful food my mother cooked when I was a child as well as today when we visit her home. I normally add extra sugar and red food coloring to make the dessert light pink. You can add sugar as you desire for a sweeter taste if you prefer.
- 4 egg yolks (beaten)
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons vinegar
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks (drained)
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) package miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 1⁄2 pints whipping cream, not whipped, pour directly in (3 small cartons)
- 1 (8 -10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries (drain & slice)
- Mix together egg yolks, sugar and vinegar.
- Cook in a double boiler until thick.
- Let mixture cool.
- Add other ingredients to mixture when cooled. Mix together and chill overnight.
- Add extra sugar and red food coloring to add a light color if desired.