Prep 12 mins
Cook 12 mins
Perfect for holidays or anytime! From Cooking Pleasures magazine.
- 1 1⁄3 cups toasted sliced almonds, divided
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons raspberry jam
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2-2 3⁄4 cups white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- powdered sugar
- Heat your oven to 375*F. Coarsely chop 1 cup almond slices. Reserve remaining almond slices for garnish.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar and brown sugar at medium speed 2 to 3 minute or until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, raspberry jam, almond extract and vanilla until blended.
- In a medium bowl, stir together 2 1/2 cups of the flour and baking soda. Beat into butter mixture at low speed until well blended. If the dough is too sticky to handle, add more flour 1 tbls. at a time. Stir in chopped almonds.
- Roll rounded tbls. of dough into 1 inch balls; place about 3 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet. Press down lightly on cookies to flatten slightly. Top each cookie with 3 reserved almond slices, pushing one edge of each slice into dough.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove cookies from the oven. Gently lift almonds with tip of knife, if desired. Cool on baking sheet 1 minute. Place cookies on wire rack; cool completely. Lightly sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving. Enjoy!
- To toast almonds, place on baking sheet; bake at 375*F. for 4 to 6 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool.
Lovely and delicate almond cookies! I drizzled mine with just a little melted white chocolate instead of topping with the almonds. The raspberry flavor is very subtle here and I would probably try to find a way to increase that flavor next time. Thanks for sharing your recipe!
Made for KK's Cookie Exchange Event. I made two batches of this cookie, one using raspberry Jam and the other using Strawberry Jam. Either way the fragrance of these cookies was soo yummy, and once out of the oven they looked like cookies purchased from the bakery they were so pretty, and the flavor totally delicious. Thank You for a nice cookie to put on Santa's Cookie Plate tonight.
wonderful buttery cookies, I used apricot preserves in place of the raspberry jam, used salted butter I didn't have unsalted at the time I made these, I also increased the sugar to 1 cup, these were made for KK's Christmas Cookie forum event, thanks Sharon