This dish is nourishing soul food for me. The spices make the simple ingredients come alive. My friends say they feel super-human after eating this. You may not have leftovers!
- Saute 3 cloves of garlic with onion in olive oil in small deep pan until fragrant.
- Add red bell pepper and red pepper flakes briefly.
- Add quinoa and cover with broth.
- Add lots of paprika and turmeric, to taste, with a big pinch of dried basil and salt.
- Cover and let simmer ~ 25 minutes.
- While quinoa cooks, rinse asparagus and break off the woody ends where they snap naturally.
- In separate frying pan, heat oil and begin to saute asparagus.
- About a minute before asparagus reaches desired doneness, add remaining garlic, finishing with it mostly raw (Flash-heat spinach here).
- Serve asparagus cut on top of quinoa and enjoy!