Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons cool water
- 1⁄4 cup boiling water
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries or 3 cups frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple in juice, undrained
- 1 small banana, sliced
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons coconut extract
- 1⁄2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- of fresh mint (to garnish)
- Soften the gelatin in the cool water for 5 minutes.
- Add the boiling water to the softened gelatin and stir until the gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Put 2 cups of the strawberries in a blender.
- Set the remaining cup of strawberries aside to add later.
- Add the dissolved gelatin mixture to the strawberries in the blender.
- Then add the pineapple and all of the juice from the can.
- Add the sliced banana, sugar, vanilla and coconut extracts and yogurt to blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and add the remaining strawberries, mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate until firm.
- Spoon the mixture into eight dessert dishes.
- Garnish with fresh mint.