1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Cheesy potato casserole with a special surprise, kids and adults will both love. Great for holidays, dinners and pot lucks.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (30 ounce) bag frozen hash browns (cubed or shredded)
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup butter or 3/4 cup margarine
- 2 -3 cups shredded cheese (jack and mild cheddar mix is best)
- 2 cups corn flakes
- 1/2 cup chopped brown onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F
- 2Melt butter or margarine and set aside.
- 3In a large mixing bowl combine frozen hash browns, onion, soup, milk, sour cream, cheese, salt and pepper. Pour in 1/2 cup of the melted butter to potato mix, set reserve aside.
- 4Mix well and transfer to a casserole dish.
- 5In a separate mixing bowl pour in cornflakes, drizzle remaining butter over cornflakes and continue to mix well until most pieces are lightly coated (cereal will be shiny but not soggy).
- 6Cover all potatoes with cereal. Cover and bake for about 45 minutes.
- 7Uncover and continue baking for about 30 minutes. Serve & enjoy!
- 8(If you are making this ahead of time, cover cooked potatoes and keep warm, uncover and put back in the oven at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes before serving, this will make the topping crispy).
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Heavenly Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 536.9
- Calories from Fat 368
- Total Fat 40.9 g
- Saturated Fat 22.9 g
- Cholesterol 75.6 mg
- Sodium 798.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 10.2 g