Recipe by Chef53Kathy
This recipe has been around our family for many years, it's simple to make but very good and a great side dish to almost any meal.
- 4 cups potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half cream
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (to garnish)
- fresh minced parsley (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, boil potatoes until almost tender. Drain and pat dry. Arrange a layer of potatoes over the bottom of a buttered 13x9 baking dish or one of its equivalent. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and dot with butter. Continue to layer until all potaotes are used. Combine the half and half and eggs and beat well. Pour over the potatoes. Bake at 350* for 25-30 minutes or until potaotes are tender and the custard is just set but still soft. Garnish with the nutmeg and parsley.