Recipe by Shar-on
This is a great side dish, using hash brown potatoes. I found this recipe in the church cookbook and have tried it.
Top Review by iNEEDaCOFFEEbreak
THese are easy and great! Been making these for years...here in Pennsylvania we refer to these awesome taters as "Pittsburgh Potatoes"...try them you will not be disappointed!
- 2 lbs frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 2 (10 ounce) cans chicken soup or 2 (10 ounce) cans mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn flakes, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup melted margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter