Recipe by clw721
I had fresh peaches that I needed to use so I tried this recipe. It had a different ingredient, Peach Schnapps. It is really good.
Top Review by navy724
Hi I'm a 11 year old boy. I made this recipe for the county fair. I belong to 4H. I won a blue ribbon from the county judge & was sent to State Fair. The county judge loved it , like my family & friends did (of course I used peach nectar) Last Sat my peach bread went to state fair. I won a red ribbon . The judge said may be I should have used a differnt fruit. I guess I was not to diappointed because I know it wonderful bread wth peaches Just like all you reiewers. Thank you. Jm, in NY
- 3 cups fresh peaches, diced
- 1⁄4 cup peach schnapps or 1⁄4 cup peach nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Simmer diced peaches with Schnapps or peach nectar until peaches are tender, about 5 to 8 minutes. Remove from heat, add vanilla, and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, blending well.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. Add dry ingredients to the creamed mixture, alternating with peach mixture. Mix just until blended.
- Spread batter into a greased and floured 9x5x3-inch loaf pan. Bake at 350° for about 55 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on a rack in pan for 10 minutes; remove to cool completely.