Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
I had fresh peaches that I needed to use so I tried this recipe. It had a different ingredient, Peach Schnapps. It is really good.
- 3 cups fresh peaches, diced
- 1⁄4 cup peach schnapps or 1⁄4 cup peach nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Simmer diced peaches with Schnapps or peach nectar until peaches are tender, about 5 to 8 minutes. Remove from heat, add vanilla, and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, blending well.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. Add dry ingredients to the creamed mixture, alternating with peach mixture. Mix just until blended.
- Spread batter into a greased and floured 9x5x3-inch loaf pan. Bake at 350° for about 55 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on a rack in pan for 10 minutes; remove to cool completely.
Hi I'm a 11 year old boy. I made this recipe for the county fair. I belong to 4H. I won a blue ribbon from the county judge & was sent to State Fair. The county judge loved it , like my family & friends did (of course I used peach nectar) Last Sat my peach bread went to state fair. I won a red ribbon . The judge said may be I should have used a differnt fruit. I guess I was not to diappointed because I know it wonderful bread wth peaches Just like all you reiewers. Thank you. Jm, in NY
Very nice bread, thanks for the recipe.
Very nice flavor and texture. Nice and moist. I think my son describes it best... "MMMMMMM!!!" I did think there was a typo when I read that all the mixture goes in one pan, as it was all the way to the top, but I had no spillover and it baked thoroughly in the alloted amount of time.