Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Angel Hair and Pesto. This is one of my summer favorites!Fresh pesto out of the garden, garlic, nuts, and cheese. Just tooo good! How can something taste this good and be good for you? Enjoy this hot or cold.
- 1 lb angel hair pasta, cooked as directed on box
- 2 cups home grown fresh basil (or fresh as you can)
- 1⁄2 cup toasted pine nuts, cooled
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese or 1 cup romano cheese (either or both)
- 3 -4 cloves garlic
- olive oil
- Put into a food processor with metal blade first 4 ingredients, Pulse to blend.
- Slowly add oil through feed tube pulsing to make a nice paste.
- Toss into cooked pasta.
I used about 1/2 basil and 1/2 spinach. Hubby thought it would be better with more spinach and less basil. We all agreed it needed a bit more salt. Made for ZWT 7.
simple and delicious. I used a combination of spinach and basil, and used reggiano cheese. This is a keeper!
I have been wanting to make pesto for a long time. This was on my list for ZWT but did not get to it until today. It is very easy to make and I think for my first time of making a pesto it came out pretty good. Maybe a little to much garlic, but I love garlic. I'll have to restrain myself and stop calling a large garlic clove small. Large clove equals 2 regular sized cloves. Save back some of the pasta water in case you need a little liquid to help mix the pesto into the pasta. I could have used 2 tablespoons of water in mine or a little more oil. So I just keep mixing and it worked out fine. Thanks for posting.