Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a great recipe for macaroni/pasta salad that we have ever eaten (and I don't like pasta salad). My mother-in-law is famous for macaroni salad and switched to this recipe when I took it to her house for dinner! This is one you really must try!
- 16 ounces pasta shells (I use the small ones)
- 1⁄2 lb grape tomatoes (optional)
- 3 medium carrots, grated
- 1 medium green sweet pepper, finely diced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, finely diced
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups Miracle Whip
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (I never add this because it makes it too sweet)
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook pasta until bite tender. Rinse and drain. Let cool. Add remaining ingredients to pasta. Mix dressing ingredients in a separate bowl. Add to pasta mixture.
- Refrigerate a couple hours before serving. My M-I-L only puts the red and green peppers in hers. I like the carrots and tomatoes added in as well.
Very good, next time I will use less dressing as I like my macaroni salad a little dryer. I only made half the recipe and subsituted dreamfields pasta for regular pasta. I only had the carrots and peppers on hand so that's what I used. I will add onions and celery next time. I also didn't add the sugar as it doesn't really need it. It actually reminded me of deli macaroni salad. Thanks for posting. Reviewed for Spring PAC 2009
I made this on New Year's Eve and it was a HUGE hit at the party. I did not add the extra sugar, it was plenty sweet and quite delicious! I'll be expected to bring this to future get togethers for sure!