Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is from the Spokane Review newspaper and is SOOOOOO good! It's also very easy to throw together with items you may have on hand.
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms
- 2 -3 medium onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup butter, plus more for bread
- 1⁄2 lb swiss cheese, grated
- 4 -6 slices French bread, each 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- In frying pan, saute mushrooms and onions in butter over medium heat until soft.
- Place in bottom of a 9 x 13 inch glass baking dish.
- Sprinkle grated cheese on top of onion-mushroom mixture.
- Butter bread slices and place on top of cheese, allowing about 1 slice per serving.
- Mix soup, milk and soy sauce together and pour over bread, making sure all the bread is covered.
- Bake at 350° F.
- for 30 minutes or until brown on top.
This recipe was posted before Kittencal posted a simular recipe, which is pretty much the same except for the mushrooms and soy sauce. The mushrooms are a good idea, which I will try next time, and I normaly use the soy sauce. This is so good and yummy.