Susan Dillard's Note:
This recipe is from the Spokane Review newspaper and is SOOOOOO good! It's also very easy to throw together with items you may have on hand.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In frying pan, saute mushrooms and onions in butter over medium heat until soft.
- 2Place in bottom of a 9 x 13 inch glass baking dish.
- 3Sprinkle grated cheese on top of onion-mushroom mixture.
- 4Butter bread slices and place on top of cheese, allowing about 1 slice per serving.
- 5Mix soup, milk and soy sauce together and pour over bread, making sure all the bread is covered.
- 6Bake at 350° F.
- 7for 30 minutes or until brown on top.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Heavenly Onions
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 719.0
- Calories from Fat 418
- Total Fat 46.4 g
- Saturated Fat 27.0 g
- Cholesterol 123.5 mg
- Sodium 1348.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 26.5 g