Prep 4 hrs 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
A co-worker gave me this recipe. It is a good alternative side dish. Very easy and very good.
Make and share this Heavenly Onion Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 44.37 ml butter
- 3 large onions, sliced thin
- 226.79 g fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 113.39 g shredded swiss cheese
- 304.75 g can cream of mushroom soup
- 141.74 g can evaporated milk
- 9.85 ml soy sauce
- 8 slice of 1/2 inch thick French bread
- 226.79 g sliced swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Melt butter over medium heat and saute onions and mushrooms until soft.
- Place in 12x7 baking dish.
- Sprinkle shredded swiss cheese on top.
- Combine soup, evaporated milk and soy sauce mixing well.
- Pour over cheese and onions.
- Place french bread on top and cover with swiss cheese slices.
- Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Bake loosely covered for 30 minutes then uncover and bake another 15-20 minutes.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
This is the samr recipe I have been using! It is a must at Thanksgiving as a side dish. It is so good. We love it!! Thanks for sharing this very good recipe!!