Prep 4 hrs 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
A co-worker gave me this recipe. It is a good alternative side dish. Very easy and very good.
Make and share this Heavenly Onion Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Melt butter over medium heat and saute onions and mushrooms until soft.
- Place in 12x7 baking dish.
- Sprinkle shredded swiss cheese on top.
- Combine soup, evaporated milk and soy sauce mixing well.
- Pour over cheese and onions.
- Place french bread on top and cover with swiss cheese slices.
- Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Bake loosely covered for 30 minutes then uncover and bake another 15-20 minutes.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
This is the samr recipe I have been using! It is a must at Thanksgiving as a side dish. It is so good. We love it!! Thanks for sharing this very good recipe!!