Prep 4 hrs 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
A co-worker gave me this recipe. It is a good alternative side dish. Very easy and very good.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 large onions, sliced thin
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 ounces shredded swiss cheese
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 8 slices of 1/2 inch thick French bread
- 8 ounces sliced swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Melt butter over medium heat and saute onions and mushrooms until soft.
- Place in 12x7 baking dish.
- Sprinkle shredded swiss cheese on top.
- Combine soup, evaporated milk and soy sauce mixing well.
- Pour over cheese and onions.
- Place french bread on top and cover with swiss cheese slices.
- Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Bake loosely covered for 30 minutes then uncover and bake another 15-20 minutes.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
This is the samr recipe I have been using! It is a must at Thanksgiving as a side dish. It is so good. We love it!! Thanks for sharing this very good recipe!!