1/4 Photos of Heavenly Oatmeal Bars Jordan Pond House
Another great gift from Lora Brody. She says, "Crisp, buttery oatmeal bars with a thick, creamy chocolate and peanut-butter glaze, they're a specialty of this restaurant in Maine's Acadia National Park".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/3 cups dark brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 5 1/3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Grease a 13x9-inch baking pan.
- 3Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl with electric mixer until fluffy.
- 4Stir in corn syrup, oats and vanilla with wooden spoon.
- 5With buttered fingers, pat mixture evenly into prepared pan.
- 6Bake in middle of oven 16 minutes. (Dough will still look moist near center. Don't overbake!).
- 7Cool in pan on rack until lukewarm.
- 8Glaze: combine the semisweet chocolate chips and creamy peanut butter in a small saucepan. Stir over low heat until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth.
- 9Spread warm Glaze over top.
- 10Cool completely (may be refrigerated) before cuting into 2x1-inch bars.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Heavenly Oatmeal Bars Jordan Pond House
Serving Size: 1 (1810 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 172.2
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 32.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 11.7 g
- Protein 3.1 g