Another great gift from Lora Brody. She says, "Crisp, buttery oatmeal bars with a thick, creamy chocolate and peanut-butter glaze, they're a specialty of this restaurant in Maine's Acadia National Park".
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl with electric mixer until fluffy.
- Stir in corn syrup, oats and vanilla with wooden spoon.
- With buttered fingers, pat mixture evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake in middle of oven 16 minutes. (Dough will still look moist near center. Don't overbake!).
- Cool in pan on rack until lukewarm.
- Glaze: combine the semisweet chocolate chips and creamy peanut butter in a small saucepan. Stir over low heat until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth.
- Spread warm Glaze over top.
- Cool completely (may be refrigerated) before cuting into 2x1-inch bars.