Recipe by Trisha W
This recipe has three of my favorites in it; oats, and chocolate and peanut butter together as the topping! Yummm..... Cook time does not include time to cool.
Top Review by PaulaG
How can you go wrong with chocolate and peanut butter on a crisp bed of oatmeal? These are tasty; however, I think I may have overcooked them. They were very crisp and DH said a little "dry". If I make them again I think I would shorten the cooking time.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups oats, uncooked (quick or old fashioned)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter, creamy
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat the first four items with a mixer on medium speed until smooth and well-blended.
- Stir in oats.
- Spread in a greased 9" square baking pan and bake at 350 degrees, for 25 minutes (center should be just firm).
- Cool slightly.
- In the microwave, heat the chocolate chips in a dry, microwavable bowl, for 1 minute, stir, then heat 1 more minute, stir until smooth.
- Stir in the peanut butter.
- Spread over warm (not hot) bars.
- Cool on a wire rack, completely.