Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe has three of my favorites in it; oats, and chocolate and peanut butter together as the topping! Yummm..... Cook time does not include time to cool.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups oats, uncooked (quick or old fashioned)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter, creamy
- Beat the first four items with a mixer on medium speed until smooth and well-blended.
- Stir in oats.
- Spread in a greased 9" square baking pan and bake at 350 degrees, for 25 minutes (center should be just firm).
- Cool slightly.
- In the microwave, heat the chocolate chips in a dry, microwavable bowl, for 1 minute, stir, then heat 1 more minute, stir until smooth.
- Stir in the peanut butter.
- Spread over warm (not hot) bars.
- Cool on a wire rack, completely.
How can you go wrong with chocolate and peanut butter on a crisp bed of oatmeal? These are tasty; however, I think I may have overcooked them. They were very crisp and DH said a little "dry". If I make them again I think I would shorten the cooking time.
These were very tasty and so easy to make. I really liked the combination of chocolate and peanut butter for the topping. Thanks for a great recipe.