Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I just saw this made on Essence of Emeril and I nearly went crazy with desire....not for Emeril (yuk), but for these heavenly treats.
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 (13 ounce) jar chocolate hazelnut spread
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (12 ounce) boxcorn and crispy rice cereal
- 2 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- In a saucepan, melt the butter, chocolate-hazelnut spread, and chocolate chips over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl place the cereal and pour the melted chocolate mixture over the top.
- Gently stir well to coat evenly.
- Sprinkle with the powdered sugar and cocoa, and toss to coat.
- Store in an airtight container.
We are just about to make this hope it is good
I just finshed making this and I am munching on it as I type. MmmMmmMmm!!! I am a big Nutella fan, so I'm always on the lookout for recipes that use Nutella. This one is staying on my "to make" list! I used margarine instead of butter because that is what I had in the house. I didn't add the unsweetened cocoa, either. It still tastes great. Remember when melting chocolate to go low & slow so it doesn't sieze up. The recipe says medium-low heat, but I always melt it on low, very slowly, stirring occationally. It took 5-10 minutes for the chocolate to melt to a pourable consistancy. Great recipe, Geema. Thanks for sharing it!
Very tasty, a grown up version of puppy chow (same idea but with peanut butter). I did have a problem with melting the chocolate mixture. Followed the directions exactly but it seized up and just wouldn't melt. I suspect the nutella had something to do with it and may try melting the butter and chips together before stirring in the nutella. In any event, I soldiered on and mooshed the mixture into the cereal then coated with powdered sugar and cocoa. Some was crushed, but that made it easier to eat by the handful. Thanks, Geema, for a lovely snack that I have made myself sick eating too much of!