Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Grandma's version of a thick rich heavenly chocolate mousse!
- 250 g heavy cream
- 2 egg whites
- 2 egg yolks
- 200 g dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Beat the heavy cream until stiff.
- Next, beat the egg yolks with 1 tbsp sugar.
- Melt the chocolate "au bain marie" with the water, make sure you don't let it get to a boil.
- Mix the chocolate with the egg yolks.
- Next, beat the egg whites with the rest of the sugar.
- And for the last step, you fold everything gently together with a spatula.
- It will look a bit runny, but give it an hour or so in the refrigerator, and you will have yourself some heaven in a bowl!