Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
I realize this is a long list, but I typed the steps out so they are simple to follow and it should go by quick. The results will be a amazing chocolate expierence you will never forget nor regret! Heh, I warn you, this is a sweet and hard to resist recipe--be careful! 8)
- 1 egg
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips, divided
- 1⁄4 cup coffee liqueur (or 1/4 cup strong coffee tsp sugar)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) packet instant chocolate pudding mix
- 8 ounces thawed whipped topping
- garnish with slivered almonds, if desired (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Grease a 9x9x2 pan.
- For the brownies, combine the butter, sugar, and cocoa in large saucepan.
- Srit constantly on medium heat until butter is melted.
- Remove from burner and add in vanilla extract and egg.
- Beat lightly until well combined.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Add the flour mix and milk alternatly to chocolate mix.
- Beat continuously after adding each.
- Add 1/2 cup of chocolate chips, stir and then pour into pan.
- Bake approx 20 minutes or until toothpick placeed in center comes out clean.
- When done, take it out of oven.
- With a fork, pierce the top at 1-inch intervals.
- Brush the coffee liqueur sugar on top.
- Let cool in the pan completely, and then cut into 1-inch pieces and set aside.
- Meanwhile, follow pudding instructions as required for making pie, but don't chill after beating.
- Add in the remaining chocolate chips; stir to combine well.
- Place 1/2 the brownies on bottom of serving bowl, then half of pudding, then 1/2 whipped cream.
- Repeat layers and sprinkle slivered alomnds if desired.
- Cover trifle and refrigerate for at least 4 hours (overnight even better).
This is really good! I took a shortcut though, and used a purchased box brownie mix. It's a keeper!