This is very rich with all the real butter, cheese and pasta, but the wonderful taste makes the extra calories well worth it! Wonderful comfort food!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Spray large glass baking dish with olive oil.
- 3Fill bottom with sliced mushrooms.
- 4Melt 4 Tablespns. real butter and remove from heat.
- 5Add 4 Tablespns. flour slowly, stir till there are no lumps.
- 6Return to heat and sizzle a little.
- 7Add gradually, while stirring constantly, 2 cups whole milk.
- 8Salt, pepper, garlic salt and parsley flakes to mixture (to your taste).
- 9As it starts to thicken, add a very generous 1-1/2 cups sharp New York cheese.
- 10cut in pieces. Stir, turn off heat and cover.
- 11Cook until not quite done 8 oz. Barilla Mostaccioli pasta.
- 13Place all of the sauce in glass baking dish on top of mushrooms. It’s okay if cheese is not totally melted (better, actually).
- 14Add drained pasta slowly. You may not need all of the pasta. Be sure to.
- 15leave it kind of soupy and don’t add too much pasta.
- 16Bake 40 minutes and then stand back when it’s attacked.
- 17*Note: Sometimes I use one cup buttermilk and one cup whole or skim milk.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Heavenly Mac and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (243 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1200.8
- Calories from Fat 900
- Total Fat 100.0 g
- Saturated Fat 62.7 g
- Cholesterol 271.6 mg
- Sodium 890.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 23.5 g