This is very rich with all the real butter, cheese and pasta, but the wonderful taste makes the extra calories well worth it! Wonderful comfort food!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Spray large glass baking dish with olive oil.
- 3Fill bottom with sliced mushrooms.
- 4Melt 4 Tablespns. real butter and remove from heat.
- 5Add 4 Tablespns. flour slowly, stir till there are no lumps.
- 6Return to heat and sizzle a little.
- 7Add gradually, while stirring constantly, 2 cups whole milk.
- 8Salt, pepper, garlic salt and parsley flakes to mixture (to your taste).
- 9As it starts to thicken, add a very generous 1-1/2 cups sharp New York cheese.
- 10cut in pieces. Stir, turn off heat and cover.
- 11Cook until not quite done 8 oz. Barilla Mostaccioli pasta.
- 13Place all of the sauce in glass baking dish on top of mushrooms. It’s okay if cheese is not totally melted (better, actually).
- 14Add drained pasta slowly. You may not need all of the pasta. Be sure to.
- 15leave it kind of soupy and don’t add too much pasta.
- 16Bake 40 minutes and then stand back when it’s attacked.
- 17*Note: Sometimes I use one cup buttermilk and one cup whole or skim milk.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Heavenly Mac and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (243 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1200.8
- Calories from Fat 900
- Total Fat 100.0 g
- Saturated Fat 62.7 g
- Cholesterol 271.6 mg
- Sodium 890.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 23.5 g