Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
One of my favorite dinner rolls. Extremely light and delicious.
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup soft butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 cups bread flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Add all ingredients to bread machine according to your manufacturer's directions.
- Set for dough cycle.
- When cycle is complete, remove dough and shape as desired.
- Place on lightly greased baking sheet and cover with plastic wrap.
- Let rise until doubled (this step is important - don't rush it).
- Bake at 375° for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- To keep them soft, brush with melted butter immediately after removing from oven.
I tried this recipe today and the rolls came out perfect. All I would add is to be sure to reduce the oven temp to 350 if you use a glass baking dish to make them in. Thanks for the wonderful rolls - my husband will love them with dinner tonight
This recipe is great, so very light and that is what I was looking for in a dinner roll. I mixed mine in the food processor and let rise in the oven then made my rolls and let rise again. Next time I think I will make them smaller just so I don't eat so many!
Super dinner rolls! The only change I made was to reduce the sugar to 1 Tbsp which worked perfectly for our taste. Definitely a 'keeper'. I only got 8 rolls because I made them in to balls and put them in a 10" pie pan. Thanks so much for posting this easy and very tasty dinner roll recipe. ETA that once I had removed from from the oven and brushed them with butter I sprinkled on Everything Topping- Bagels, Rolls, Bread (Everything Topping)