Recipe by Dancer^
This recipe does not require pectin.
Top Review by JanetB-KY
This was good but I have to be honest; It isn't something I will make again. The flavor is wonderful, but it tastes like a plain Orange marmalade. the Orange overpowers the other fruits to the point where it is hard to justify having bought them and spent the time peeling and chopping. The cook time and quantity are spot on though which is nice for a canning recipe. I'm sorry I couldn't give it more stars. It tastes great but I think I'll just make Orange marmalade next time. (Gosh, I hate giving a less than perfect review :-( )
- 2 medium oranges
- 1 lemon
- 1 pinch baking soda
- 6 medium pears
- 6 medium peaches
- 6 medium apples
- sugar, as needed
Directions See How It's Made
- Grind unpeeled oranges and lemons in a food processor or grinder; transfer to a large kettle.
- Add baking soda; simmer for 10 minutes.
- Peel remaining fruit; grind then crush it.
- Add to orange mixture; measure and return to kettle.
- Add sugar equal to the amount of fruit.
- Boil until thick, about 30 minutes.
- Pour it into hot jars, leaving 1/4-inch head space.
- Adjust caps.
- Process for 20 minutes in a boiling hot water bath.