Recipe by selfmadegirl
Eat your chickpeas with your chickpeas in a crunchy cracker form! I put the types of flour used in brackets to get better nutritional info.
Top Review by Chilicat
Absolutely delicious crackers! I've been trying cracker recipes that fit in with DH's low carb diet and these are the first that actually taste good. I baked mine until the edges were lightly browned (yes, it was about 25 minutes) but when they cooled they weren't crisp. I just popped them back in the oven and took them out when they were considerably browner. You have to keep a close eye because they can go quickly from brown to burnt, but the end result was a wonderful, hearty cracker with a nice crunch and loads of flavor. Try this with a soft, spreadable cheese -- Absolute Heaven!!
- 1⁄2 cup spelt flour (spelt)
- 2 tablespoons garbanzo flour (garbanzo flour)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup hummus
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream all of the ingredients together until a smooth, cohesive ball of dough is formed.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured, clean surface, to about 1/4 inch thickness and prick it all over with a fork.
- Cut the dough into equally sized strips, approximately 1 inch wide and 3
- inches long, and lay them on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake until lightly browned on the edges, about 20 - 25 minutes.