Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
The old fashion version that hardens when poured over ice cream. Our favorite from a 1994 Bon Appetit.
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Combine sugar, butter and cream in a heavy saucepan.
- Stir over medium heat-low heat until smooth and remove from heat.
- Add chocolates and stir until melted and smooth.
- Stir in vanilla and serve.
- Can be made 1 week ahead and reheated.