Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
excellent! may store in the refrigerator up to 1 month...
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 cups sugar
- 11 ounces evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Melt chocolate and butter in a heavy pan over low heat -- stirring constantly --
- Add sugar, 1 cup at a time, alternately with evaporated milk, beginning and ending with sugar --
- Stir, constantly over medium heat.about 5 minutes or till smooth.
- Stir in salt --
- Serve warm or spoon sauce into hot sterilzed jars and seal.
- May store in refrigerator for up to 1 month -- .
Exactly the sameas my grandmother's hot fudge sauce! Good recipe.