- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 cups sugar
- 11 ounces evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt chocolate and butter in a heavy pan over low heat -- stirring constantly --
- Add sugar, 1 cup at a time, alternately with evaporated milk, beginning and ending with sugar --
- Stir, constantly over medium heat.about 5 minutes or till smooth.
- Stir in salt --
- Serve warm or spoon sauce into hot sterilzed jars and seal.
- May store in refrigerator for up to 1 month -- .