Prep 25 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Perfect for Fall and Winter. Just put it in the crock pot and go about your business.
- 1 lb uncooked ground turkey (or chicken)
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 2 1⁄2 cups tomato juice
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can French style green beans, drained
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced 1/4-in . thick
- 1⁄2 cup chopped tomato
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- In a large skillet, cook the turkey, celery, and carrots until turkey is done; drain. Add to a 3-1/2- to 4-quart electric crockery cooker.
- Stir in tomato juice, green beans, mushrooms, tomato, dried minced onion, Worcestershire sauce, basil, oregano, garlic powder, sugar, pepper, and bay leaf. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 hours. Remove and discard bay leaf.
- Remove and discard bay leaf. Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Yummy Yummy! I used lean ground beef and no celery since I was making it with what I had on hand. It really hit the spot on a cold evening.
I made this for lunch today and it was so good. I love how healthy it is but also how delicious. It really hit the spot! Thanks for sharing. Made for Went to the Market tag game.
I was off sick from work and wanted some soup. I made this as directed other then I used ground beef instead of turkey or chicken as that is what I had on hand (and since I was sick I wasn't running to the store LOL) Nice hearty soup that I really enjoyed. Made for Fall PAC 2008.