1/2 Photos of Heavenly Hash Cake
A brownie-like cake that's a family birthday favorite. Stick to the recipe by melting the butter. It is key to a moist cake. No mixer is necessary. Most times I use two 9" round cake pans.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 3 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat or in microwave; remove from heat and let cool several minutes. Add the cocoa and stir to mix; set aside.
- 3In a mixing bowl, with a whisk beat the eggs and granulated sugar until well blended.
- 4To the egg/sugar mixuture, add the melted butter/cocoa and vanilla extract; stir or whisk until blended.
- 5Stir together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture. Whisk to mix well. Add pecans and incorporate.
- 6Spoon the mixture into a lightly oiled 9x13x2 inch baking pan. The batter will be thick.
- 7Bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
- 8Remove the cake from the oven and immediately pour the marshmallows evenly over the top of the hot cake. They will soften but will not melt.
- 9For the topping:.
- 10Sift the confectioners' sugar with the 4 tablespoons cocoa. (This is easily done by using a seive and it also breaks up the lumps.).
- 11A few minutes before the cake is done, melt the 4 tablespoons butter and the evaporated milk in a saucepan over medium-low heat; remove.
- 12Combine the sugar and cocoa mixture with the butter and milk mixture. Pour over the warm cake.
- 13Cool completely.
- 14Cut into squares to serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Heavenly Hash Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1942 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 7972.8
- Calories from Fat 3412
- Total Fat 379.2 g
- Saturated Fat 168.1 g
- Cholesterol 1381.5 mg
- Sodium 3429.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1152.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 26.2 g
- Sugars 1022.4 g
- Protein 62.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: