Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is posted for the ZWT 2006. I have not tried this and it is compliments of epicurean.com
Make and share this Heavenly Hash recipe from Food.com.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dates, pitted chopped
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix eggs and sugar, stir till very thick.
- Add dry ingredients until smooth.
- Add dates, vanilla and nuts.
- Mix till blended.
- Place in a greased cake pan.
- Bake approximatly 30 minutes.
- Cake should be very dry.
- Crumble cake onto a platter and place fruit on top with whip cream.
- Or other favorite fruits of your choice.
ZOWIE!! I've never seen a cake go so fast!! I made it last night & my 6yo finished it for breakfast!! This is simple, fast, easy & can be topped to everyone's personal tastes. What more could you ask for? I did leave out the nuts although THE PICKY ONE didn't eat it anyway (6yo ate it for her, lol). We put canned, drained mandarin oranges on top, lol & it was fabulous. I think strawberries would go wonderfully. I'm not sure what step 8 means - looks dry on top after baking or is dry all the way through? The dates keep it from getting too dry. It's a NICE cake. And no butter so it's not too fatty & rich. Perfect for summer. Thanks for posting this recipe!!