Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe comes from my Aunt Bonnie and tastes heavenly!!! It has a wonderful flavor and is great with garlic bread and a salad.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 30 ounces tomato sauce
- 16 ounces egg noodles
- 1 pint sour cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- onion powder
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- Brown the ground beef then drain and add sugar, salt, garlic powder and tomato sauce. Let simmer 10 minutes.
- Boil 16 oz egg noodles, drain, and add sour cream and cream.
- cheese and onion powder to taste.
- Layer ½ meat mixture, noodles, and then repeat in oblong pan.
- Sprinkle with 2 cups mozzarella and 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated. Bake at 350 for 20.
This recipe is great! my whole family loves it, I make it at least once a month.
Great dinner. Made this last night for dinner and the entire family enjoyed it. Will probably add some seasonings to the meat (itlaian, oregano,etc.) or use spaghetti sauce next time for more flavor. Otherwise a great meal, just pair with a green salad and some bread. Thanks for the recipe Ms.Gambell!
I tried this recipe the other night. It was delicious! My three boys who are the pickiest eaters fought over the leftovers. It was a great meal to make on a weeknight.