Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a really good potato dish. It is a family tradition in our house. This is perfect for cold winter days.
- 5 lbs red potatoes, quartered
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 2 cups cooked chopped ham
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups parmesan cheese seasoned bread crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Place potatoes in a large pot of water, and bring to a boil.
- Boil until slightly tender, about 12 minutes.
- Drain, and transfer to a large bowl.
- Mix sour cream, milk, cream of chicken soup, Cheddar cheese, green onions, ham, salt and pepper with the potatoes.
- Spread mixture in the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with bread crumbs, and drizzle with butter.
- Bake 45 minutes in the preheated oven.
This was pretty good. I didn't follow the recipe exactly; only used 3lbs potatoes (5 just seemed way too much), added 1/2 cup each of peas and corn, and a sliced carrot. I had a scant cup of cheese, used 1/2 cup of plain yogurt instead of sour cream, and only used 1/4 cup of bread crumbs (which was fine). It wasn't as creamy as another reviewer said, more like scalloped potatoes, but very tasty. I will definitely make again and use the full amount of cheese.
YUMMY! Just like hashbrown casserole; but, w/ ham. Delicious way to use up leftover ham!
Excellent! Whole family loved this! Rich and creamy and oooo sooo good