Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is so easy to make and it's good.
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 4 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb confectioners' sugar, sifted
- Line an 8-inch square pan with foil, allowing foil to hang over edges.
- In the top of a double boiler set over simmering, not boiling, water, heat chocolate, stirring frequently, until melted.
- Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer set on medium speed, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add vanilla and salt.
- Gradually add confectioners' sugar, beating until smooth.
- Add the melted chocolate to the cream cheese mixture, beating until combined.
- Spread mixture in prepared pan; smooth top.
- Chill until firm, about 1 hour.
- To remove fudge from pan, lift up edges of foil and invert fudge onto a cutting board; carefully peel off foil.
- Cut fudge into squares; store in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Note: This fudge can be wrapped tightly in plastic wrap and frozen for up to 1 year.