Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Picked up this recipe card from the fish market years ago.
- 2 lbs red snapper fillets or 2 lbs grouper fillets, etc
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon liquid hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- butter or margarine, for basting
- Skin fillets if necessary and cut into serving size pieces. Baste fish with lemon juice and let stand for approximately 10 minutes.
- Baste fish with butter and place on a well-greased broiler pan and broil 4 inches from heat source for 4 to 5 minutes. Turn and broil till fish flakes.
- Combine Parmesan cheese, margarine or butter, mayonnaise, green onion, salt and liquid hot pepper sauce.
- Remove fish from broiler and spread 1/2 the Parmesan Cheese mixture on fish and return to broiler until fish browns nicely.
- Remove to plates and place remaining Parmesan Cheese mixture on fillets for additional sauce.
I have made this recipe many, many times and had great responses my mom hates fish cause she ate it growing up everyday i made it for her she loved it i give this recipe five stars cause no one has ever turned it down at least not yet