Recipe by Budgiegirl
I am always looking for a recipe for good veggie burgers. So when I saw this recipe in Light and Tasty I knew I had to post it here and put it in my to try pile.
Top Review by Lucky in Bayview
Really good burgers, the thyme and sunflower seeds give them a unique flavor. I had a hard time getting them to hold together. I think I might try adding a little flour and fresh garlic next time and also make the patties a smaller. Thanks for posting the recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown rice, cooked
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, shredded
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup garbanzo beans or 1 cup chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons canola oil
- 6 whole hamburger buns
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 6 slices tomatoes
- 6 slices onions
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the first 8 ingredients.
- In a food processor combine the egg, egg white and garbanzo beans; cover and process until smooth.
- Stir into rice mixture.
- Shape into 6 patties.
- In a nonstick skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, cook patties in oil 5-6 minutes on each side or until crisp.
- Serve on buns with lettuce, tomato, and onion.