Recipe by Fern Vukelic
It came from a person who is very creative in making up desserts. She tried it out on her card club and it was a huge success. A light pudding and cookie dessert that is very easy to make. You can also use sugar-free pudding and lite cool whip if you are on a restricted diet.
Top Review by st3phanini
Omg I used to make this in middle school for home ec class and we would sell it at lunch time. I've been searching for this recipe and finally found it yay and I made it today and its just as delicious as the day I made it 12 years ago :P thank you
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 boxes instant vanilla pudding
- 3 cups milk
- 2 (8 ounce) containers Cool Whip
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 packages Oreo cookies, crushed with a rolling pin
- gummy worms (or any gummy insects you choose)
Directions See How It's Made
- You also need a new flower pot (medium or large size with a plastic insert).
- In a large bowl cream confectioners' sugar and the cream cheese with a mixer, then add the vanilla extract.
- Mix pudding with the milk separately in another mixing bowl.
- Combine these 2 mixtures.
- Add Cool Whip and blend together easily.
- Put a layer of the Oreo cookie crumbs in the bottom of the plastic lined flower pot or even a sand bucket and then add a layer of the pudding mixture,keep adding layer of cookie crumbs and pudding until you end up with the cookie crumbs on the top.
- Stick gummy worms down into the cookie mixture to make it look like they are coming up out of the so called dirt.
- Serve chilled.