Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 tablespoon graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 16 ounces neufchatel cheese (Neufchatel Cheese shoul be LIGHT Philly brand Neufachatel Cheese and it should be softened.)
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- Lightly grease bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
- Sprinkle with crumbs.
- Dust bottom; remove excess crumbs.
- Put cottage cheese in blender container Cover; process on high speed until smooth.
- In large mixing bowl of electric mixer, combine cottage cheese, neufchatel cheese, sugar and flour.
- Mix at medium speed until well blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Blend in milk and extract; pour into pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F., 45 to 50 minutes or until center is almost set. (Center of cheesecake appears to be soft, but firms upon cooling.) Loosen cake from rim of pan; cool before removing rim of pan.
- Top with fresh slices of strawberries or blueberries, if desired.
- Prepare pan as directed; omit blender method.
- Place cottage cheese in large bowl of electric mixer; beat cottage cheese at high speed until smooth.
- Add neufchatel cheese, sugar, and flour, mixing at medium speed until well blended.
- Continue as directed.