Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My Favorite Recipe
Make and share this Heavenly Dark Chocolate Cake With Peanut Butter Frosting recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk (add 1 Tbsp. of vinegar to 1 cup milk)
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon salt
peanut butter frosting
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- Cake: Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 2 9-inch round baking pans. In large mixer bowl, combine dry ingredients. Add buttermilk, eggs, oil and vanilla. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes, Remove from mixer; stir in boiling water. Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake 30-35 minutes, or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10-12 minutes, Remove from pans to wire rack. Cool completely.
- Frosting: Combine ingredients in a large bowl, mix until smooth.
The chocolate cake was to die for. I don't even like chocolate cake and I liked this one. I never pick recipes that are not reviewed but I wanted to make a chocolate peanut butter cake and I had not chocolate chips or baking squares so I picked this one just because I had the ingredients. When it came time to add the water I was worried because the batter was so thin but it came out great. The cake did sink a little but with the great flavor I am not complaining. Thanks so much for a great recipe!