Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These cookies are absolutely delicious! A friend at work brought these in for a treat and after I had one bite I had to force myself not to eat allot of them. They taste like a toffee crunch. Of course, I had to ask for the recipe. These are amazingly easy, but very addictive. Made them for this past Christmas and they were a hit.
- 9 -10 graham crackers (1 pkg of graham crackers from a 14.4 oz box)
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, chopped into large size pieces
- Spread crackers in a single layer on a large jelly roll pan.
- Sprinkle pecans over crackers.
- Melt butter in a saucepan. Add sugar and boil 3 minutes.
- Pour over crackers.
- Bake in 350 degree over for 10 - 15 minutes or until very lightly browned.
- Remove from pan before they cool completely. Break into sections.
- Note: The sugar butter mixture will harden once it cools after removing the cookies out of the oven, so don't worry if you feel that the butter/sugar mixture seems too soft.
These were so very easy make. Overall a nice recipe but not very sweet. I even used cinnamon graham crackers and they were still not very sweet. I used about 14 graham crackers to cover my pan and used a little more than called for both pecans and walnuts to cover the top. I think I will add a little more sugar to the butter mixture next time. Thanks for sharing.