Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Pancakes that are light as air.
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2⁄3 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs until they are thick and lemony colored.
- Gradually stir in sour cream until well blended.
- In another bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the liquid ingredients; stir well after each addition.
- Heat a griddle or large skillet over medium heat until a drop of water sizzles.
- Coat with a thin film of oil or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter onto griddle; lower heat to medium-low.
- Cook until tops of pancake are covered with little bubbles; flip pancake and cook until bottom is golden brown.
- Repeat with the remainder of the batter.
- Serve with your favorite topping.