Prep 2 hrs
Cook 30 mins
This is a very showy, as well as delicious dessert! Great for large gatherings!P.S. This dessert fills a punchbowl, trifle dishes are too small! I suggest a Punch bowl (most trifle bowls are too small)
- 1 devil's food cake mix
- 1 (2 small) box chocolate pudding
- 2 (12 ounce) containers Cool Whip, thawed
- 6 Heath candy bars, coarsely chopped
- 2⁄3 cup amaretto liqueur
- 3 1⁄3 cups milk
- Bake cake according to directions in 9x13 pan.
- Let cake cool completely.
- When cake is cooled, cut in half.
- Mix both puddings,milk and amaretto in bowl or shake vigorously in large airtight container til smooth.
- Put cake half in bottom of punchbowl (I kinda break it in half so it goes up the sides a little bit).
- Pour half of the pudding mixture all over the top of cake and drizzle down sides.
- Spread 1 container of cool whip all over the cake and pudding mixture, spread all the way touching the sides of the punchbowl.
- Sprinkle half of the Heath bars over the Cool Whip and repeat the layering process 1 more time, cake,pudding,cool whip, heathbars.
This is a great recipe! I usually use brownies but the devil's food cake just makes it even richer. I located Heath candy topping in my local grocery store where the chocolate chips are sold and I added slivered almonds & French dragees to jazz it up for a soldier's Welcome Home party. I've already been asked to make this for a Halloween party.